Currently, the 167th Airlift Wing is limited to six (6) Space-A passengers per flight and passengers will be selected for travel based on sign-up time and manifested by category of travel and priority of movement. In addition, the 167th AW cannot guarantee a thru flight once passengers reach their next destination. 

Contact Information:  For flight or registration inquires contact the Travel Information Desk at 304-616-5801 / DSN 242-5801, Passenger Services at 304-616-5153 / DSN 242-5153, Air Transportation Operations 304-616-5188 / DSN 242-5188. Link to sign up for 167th AW Space-A Travel here.

Security:  The 167th AW adheres to all Transportation Security Administration guidelines; please visit for more information. Passengers are required to present valid government issued identification. Passports, visas, and immunization records are checked, if required, according to the DOD Foreign Clearance Guide. Prior to boarding, passenger ID cards will be matched against the final passenger manifest. 

Unique Passengers 4500/24-101 
· Differently Abled individuals: If a Differently Abled passenger is selected for a C-5 mission and the passenger can, with assistance, negotiate the internal stairs, he/she can travel. [24-101, Vol 14, PP 24.2.1] 

· Pregnant/Post-Partum Women: Pregnant women may be accepted for travel up to 34 weeks of gestation. Post-partum mothers may travel six-weeks after delivery. 

· Children: Infants must be at least six-weeks-old to be authorized for travel. Infant car seats are not mandatory for travel aboard Air Mobility Command flights; however, utilization is strongly encouraged. When utilized, car seats must meet Federal Aviation Authority certification requirements. 

Billeting: Currently, there is no billeting available on base. Local hotels close to the base, available at travelers' expense are: 
Knights Inn 
1997 Edwin Miller Blvd. 
Martinsburg, WV 25404 
Holiday Inn 
301 Foxcroft Avenue 
Martinsburg, WV 25401 
Super 8 Motel 
2048 Edwin Miller Boulevard 
Martinsburg, WV 25404 
Comfort Suites 
Route 9 & Short Road 
Martinsburg, WV 25402 
Hampton Inn 
975 Foxcroft Avenue 
Martinsburg, WV 25401 
Phone: 304-267-2900 
Days Inn 
209 South Viking Way 
Martinsburg, WV 25401 
Comfort Inn 
1872 Edwin Miller Boulevard 
Martinsburg, WV 25404 
Hampton Inn - Inwood 
4758 Gerrardstown Road 
Inwood, WV 25428 


Parking: Passengers wishing to park their vehicles on base over night should park in the North Lot. See a Passenger Services Representative for a base map. 

Local Shopping: The Base Exchange is open on a limited basis offering a short list of amenities. Other shopping may be found within five (5) miles of the 167th AW in Martinsburg.

Ground transportation: Ground transportation is not provided by the 167th Airlift Wing. 

Rental cars: Vehicles cannot be rented on the installation and transportation is not provided to rental car dealerships, though the following companies are local to the installation and the Martinsburg area. 

Enterprise Rent-A-Car 
901 North Queen Street 
Martinsburg, WV 25401 
Hertz Rent-A-Car 
5852 Shepherdstown Road 
Martinsburg, WV 25401 

Restaurants/Provisions: Currently, there are no full service provisions accessible on the installation, though vending machines and coffee are available to passengers while waiting for their flight. No in-flight meals are provided to passengers on any flight, passengers should plan accordingly. For passengers who choose to bring their own provisions, a refrigerator is available for storage of perishable food. Locally, passengers can find a wide array of restaurants, please contact Passenger Services for more information. 

Commercial Air Travel: The 167th Airlift Wing does not offer connecting and/or commercial flights. However, connecting flights can be made through the following international airports. 
· Dulles International Airport (60 miles) 
· Ronald Reagan Washington International Airport (98 miles) 
· Thurgood Marshall/Baltimore-Washington International Airport (100 miles) 


Collapse All Expand All
Question: What is Space-A?

Answer: Space that may be used by service members and their dependents after all mission requirements are met.

Question : What documents do I need to sign-up and travel Space-A?
Answer: To travel space available and depending on your status, you must have in your possession the following items, a valid Department of Defense issued Identification card, travel authorizations (orders), for example, leave form, unaccompanied dependent memorandum, EML orders, DD Form 1853, or emergency orders. For international travel a valid passport must be presented prior to selection.

Question : What restrictions are there on Space-A travel? 
Answer: You cannot use Space-A travel privileges for: Personal gain or in connection with business enterprises or employment; to establish a home; to transport dependents to a duty station where you are or will be serving an unaccompanied tour; to transport dependents to a TDY duty station or when international or theater restrictions prohibit such travel. 

Question : Will all Space-A flights from Martinsburg get me to my destination? 
Answer: NO. For the most part, Martinsburg is a positioning leg which means that if someone within mother Air Force purchases a mission that uses our C-17, and that mission does not start until it gets to the next location after Martinsburg, even though that aircraft will go to Ramstein, Germany after that, for example, the people on the plane from Martinsburg to the first location will have to exit aircraft and compete for seats with passengers at that location because that is where the actual mission starts, however, if the Air national Guard purchased the mission(Guardlift mission), then passengers that start in Martinsburg may travel to the final destination regardless of enroute stops unless cargo requirements at those stops, I.E. allowable cabin load exceeded or hazardous cargo planned for aircraft, bumps those passengers from aircraft.

Question : After I sign-up, what is my next step? 
Answer: On the day you would like to travel, you must see a passenger service agent to be marked present. Once marked present you will be able to compete for space available travel in the next 24 hours. Once selected, you must be travel ready, this means all family members are present, travel documents verified and baggage is ready for check-in. 

Question : Can my command-sponsored dependents travel unaccompanied without me? 
Answer: Yes, if you are 18 years of age or older. However, non-spouse dependents 18 years and older cannot act as escorts for minor siblings. The intent of this program is to afford command sponsored dependents relief from their overseas duty location. Travel is authorized Overseas-Continental United States (CONUS), CONUS-Overseas, and Overseas-Overseas. Once your dependent lands in CONUS, they are no longer authorized to travel Space-A to another destination unless manifested on an aircraft that is only transiting the en route CONUS location. Please refer to AMC Travel Website ( for additional information.

Question : I just traveled from Overseas to CONUS under the Command Sponsored Dependent Program. Why can’t I travel from state to state (CONUS to CONUS)? 
Answer: Once a dependent lands in CONUS, onward travel is complete unless they are manifested on an aircraft that is transiting the en route CONUS location, i.e. Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Travis AFB-Dover AFB where Dover is the final destination on the same mission. 

Question : What documentation do I need for dependents under 10 years old without an ID card?
Answer: Dependents less than 10 years old without an ID card should show proof of age, i.e. birth certificate, passport or other government provided document. 

Question : My sponsor was retired and is now deceased. Can I still fly Space-Available?
Answer: No, Space-A travel is a privilege granted to the service member and does not carry over after death to dependents. With one exception; dependents of retired Uniformed Services members who die overseas, travel is authorized for the purpose of accompanying remains of the deceased retired member from overseas to CONUS. Return travel is authorized if accomplished within one year of arrival in CONUS. Documentation certified by DoD mortuary affairs personnel shall be presented to air terminal personnel and shall be in the dependents' possession during travel. 

Question : I have non-command sponsored dependents. Can they travel unaccompanied?
Answer: Yes, for those 18 years or older travel is authorized to the sponsor's unaccompanied permanent PCS location. Travel is not authorized to meet up at another location. Travel under this program is not authorized when sponsor is on TDY/TAD orders. Travel is authorized CONUS-Overseas, Overseas-CONUS and Overseas-Overseas. Once the dependent lands in the CONUS, they are no longer authorized to travel Space-A to another destination. CONUS-CONUS travel is not authorized unless they are manifested on an aircraft that is transiting the en route CONUS location. Refer to AMC Travel Website for additional info. 

Question : Can I have family members travel with another military member if given power of attorney, other releases, or authority? Answer: No, family members may only travel when accompanied by their sponsor except as noted in Question 10. 

Question : Where do I find terminal phone numbers?
Answer: Terminal phone numbers can be found in guidebooks, information sheets provided by passenger terminals and the Internet. Many passenger terminals list their phone numbers on their web and social media pages (i.e. Facebook). 

Question : What is Environmental and Morale Leave (EML).
Answer: EML is authorized at overseas installations where adverse environmental conditions require special arrangements for leave in more desirable places. 

Question : What is remote sign-up?
Answer: Remote sign-up allows passengers to sign-up for space-available travel by emailing or faxing copies of proper service documentation along with desired country destinations and family member's first names to the aerial port of departure. Email or fax data header will establish date/time of sign-up; therefore, active duty personnel must ensure email or fax is sent no earlier than the effective date/time of leave. Sign-up via postal mail will also be permitted date and time for sign-up will be assigned when received at the Passenger Service Counter. 

Question : What is self sign-up?
Answer: Self sign-up allows passengers to sign-up at a terminal without waiting in line. Most locations provide self sign-up counters with easy to follow instructions for registration. Active duty personnel must ensure sign-up takes place no earlier than the effective date/time of leave. If your travel will take you to a foreign country, ensure border clearance documentation is up to date. If you are unsure of specific requirements a passenger service representative on duty would be happy to assist. 

Question : How can I find where my name is on the Space-Available register?
Answer: Each terminal maintains a Space-A register organized by priority category along with date and time of registration for travel. The register is conveniently located in each terminal directly accessible and updated daily. Travelers may call any terminal to find out where they stand on the register. 

Question : As a Reservist, where can I fly?
Answer: Reserve members with DD Form 2 (Red) identification or DoD CAC 57 and DD Form 1853 may fly to, from and between Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and in CONUS. Dependents are not authorized to travel. Additionally, when on active duty for more than 30 consecutive days, members may fly anywhere overseas that AMC has flights operating, when member is on leave accompanied by their dependents as well. 

Question : Can dependents travel with retired Reservists?
Answer: Once the reserve member reaches the age of 60 and is entitled to retired pay, then dependents will be authorized to travel with the sponsor. 

Question : What is Date and Time of Sign-up?
Answer: Date and Time of Sign-up is used to determine the next selected passenger in their category during the Roll Call process. Original date and time of sign-up shall be documented and stay with the passenger until his or her destination is reached. On reaching destination, the passenger may sign-up for Space-Available travel to return to home station. 

Question : Can I travel unaccompanied Space-A if my military sponsor is deployed?
Answer: Unaccompanied dependents of deployed uniformed service members, when deployment orders indicate deployment is between 30 and 365 consecutive days, are authorized to travel Space-A unaccompanied in Category IV. If deployment period exceeds 365 consecutive days, unaccompanied dependents are authorized Category III travel. 

Question : I am a retiree that requires a wheelchair to get around. Can I fly Space-Available?
Answer: Yes, however, there are certain restrictions you need to be aware of. Wheel chairs and mobility assistance equipment is eligible for air transport, however, if you require motorized assistance, the current weight allowance for mobility assistance equipment is 100lbs maximum. 

Question : I am disabled. Can my brother, sister or friend accompany me to help me?
Answer: The only persons permitted to accompany you are your spouse, dependents or other persons eligible for Space-A travel. Every effort shall be made to transport passengers with disabilities who are otherwise eligible to travel. Passenger service personnel and crew members shall provide assistance in boarding, seating and deplaning passengers with special needs. NOTE: Aircraft configuration, steep ladders, constrained areas, cargo already loaded, weight restrictions and offload equipment at arrival locations are limiting factors for persons with disabilities. 

Question : Do I have to be in uniform to travel?
Answer: Each service determines its own travel uniform policies. When civilian clothing is worn on DoD-owned or controlled aircraft it should be in good taste and not in conflict with accepted attire in the overseas country of departure, transit or destination, as defined by the DoD Foreign Clearance Guide. Clothing should also be capable of keeping you warm especially on military aircraft. Passengers are reminded high heeled, open toed and "five finger" styled shoes may not be worn on military aircraft. 

Question : How much baggage can I take?
Answer: As a Space-A traveler, you may check two pieces of luggage at 70 pounds each per person. Family members traveling together may pool their baggage allowance as long as number of bags does not exceed the total allowance. Each passenger is permitted to hand-carry one article (small luggage, garment bags, backpack, etc.) and one personal item (cosmetic case, purse, briefcase, small boxes, packages, etc.) for storage in the passenger cabin area. NOTE: Smaller type aircraft have restrictions (C-12, C-21 & UC-35 aircraft have 30lbs baggage limitation. Navy C-40 & C-9's are restricted to two bags at 50lbs total). 

Question : Can I take excess baggage when flying Space-Available?
Answer: No, only duty passengers may check-in excess baggage. 

Question : Do you have any recommendations on baggage?
Answer: Yes, travel light, take only essential items. Do not place valuables, medicine, or important documents in your checked baggage. Be sure your name and current address are on and inside each bag. AMC terminals have baggage ID tags available for your use. It is also advisable to place a copy of your leave/EML paperwork inside each checked baggage. 

Question : Can my pet travel with me on a Space-A flight?
Answer: No, DoD has reserved pet shipments for passengers in Permanent Change of Station (PCS) ONLY. NOTE: Service animals may fly with a member with proper /documentation. 

Question : Is Space-A travel expensive?
Answer: In general, no. You might spend a few dollars on phone calls, a room for the night along the way, or a bus fare to get from one base to another. You will be assessed a Federal Inspection Service fee if you travel on a commercial mission arriving the United States from overseas. Head tax is another fee that applies to Space-A passengers who arrive/depart Customs Territories of the United States to/from overseas locations on these missions. It will depend on how frugal you are (e.g. take a bus vs. rent a car) and how lucky you are (e.g. get a room on base vs. pay for an off base hotel room). Meals may be purchased at a nominal fee at most air terminals while traveling on military aircraft. Meal service on AMC commercial (i.e. Patriot Express) is complimentary. 

Question : What services are available at AMC terminals?
Answer: Facilities may include Base Exchange, eatery, United Services Organization (USO) and/or family lounge. The type of facility available varies according to terminal size and location. NOTE: Most AMC passenger terminals close overnight. Space-A travelers should be prepared for billeting expenses.8 August 2013Space-Available Travel Handbook Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) 

Question : What are current trends in availability of Space-A travel? Will there be more or less Space-A travel opportunities in the coming year?
Answer: Although AMC has led efforts to improve Space-A travel in the past few years, movement still remains a result of unused seats. Present DoD personnel and budget trends are affecting Space-A movement opportunity. AMC is dedicated to putting a passenger in every available seat. 

Question : What is best time of the year to travel Space-Available?
Answer: Any time other than peak travel and holidays (December-January and June-August) periods. 

Question : Is it easier to go to some destinations more than others?
Answer: Yes, places where we fly often such as Japan and Germany are much easier than low frequency areas. Larger aerial ports have regular flights to regions of the world (i.e. Dover/Baltimore to Europe or Travis to Pacific) as opposed to smaller terminals with random flights. 

Question : Can people travel Space-A to Alaska or South America?
Answer: Yes, travelers may obtain Space-A travel to Alaska, South America and other interesting locations; i.e. Australia, New Zealand, etc. Travel to Alaska is relatively easy when departing from Travis AFB, California and Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. Travel to South America and other remote areas can be much more difficult. Infrequent flights to remote areas are primarily cargo missions and have few seats available for passenger movement, expect long waiting periods for movement. 

Question : I am retired and traveling on a passport and my flight originated overseas. Where in the Continental United States (CONUS) can I fly into?
Answer: When traveling on a passport, all family members, retired uniform service, reserve and others may return to the CONUS through authorized ports of entry where customs and immigration clearance is available. While you may depart the CONUS literally from any military airfield, reentry locations for passport holders are limited. Active duty passengers who do not require immigration clearance have more reentry options available. 

Question : Can I fly on Space-Available on other than AMC flights?
Answer: Yes, your travel eligibility is for all DoD-owned or controlled aircraft. AMC, however, does not always have knowledge of other command/services' scheduled flight information. 

Question : Can I call bases for flight information?
Answer: Due to security reasons we can only release limited flight information up to 72 hours. However, we encourage you to call the passenger terminal you plan on traveling through 30-60 days before travel. Passenger terminals will be happy to discuss Space-A opportunities from their location. 

Question : Where and when can my family members travel with me the Military Sponsor?
Answer: Few examples listed below are not all inclusive. Family members may travel to/from and between overseas locations and within the Continental United States (CONUS). Dependents of active duty members may travel within CONUS when accompanying their sponsor on emergency leave. One dependent may accompany the sponsor on permissive house-hunting trips incident to a permanent change of station. Command sponsored dependents stationed overseas are allowed unaccompanied travel to, from and within their overseas theater (in addition to environmental morale leave previously authorized). Travel restrictions may apply to certain overseas areas as determined by the combatant commander. Unaccompanied dependents must have documentation signed by their sponsor's commander verifying command sponsorship during their travel and show to passenger terminal personnel. Command sponsorship letter is valid for one round-trip from the sponsor's duty location. Family members under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an eligible parent or legal guardian. 

Question : May I use my Government Travel Card (GTC) or personal credit card to pay for meals and any other fees associated with AMC travel?
Answer: Yes, the GTC and personal credit cards are accepted at most AMC terminals. Contact your local and or departing terminal to ensure service is available. NOTE: Government Travel Card is for official use only. 

Question : As a Retiree, where can I fly?
Answer: Retired members with DD Form 2 (Blue) identification card may fly anywhere AMC has flights operating, including the Continental United States. 

Question : I am a Disabled Veteran but I did not retire, can I fly Space-Available?
Answer: Sorry, but even though you are entitled to other benefits, Space-A travel privilege is not one of them at this time unless you are a 100% disabled veteran and have the DD Form 2765(Amber card), as of August 2018. 

Question: Is Space-Available travel a reasonable substitute for commercial airline travel?
Answer: The answer depends on you. Space-A travel may be a good travel choice if you have a flexible schedule and your finances allow for a hotel stay (sometimes in a "high-cost" area) while awaiting movement. While some travelers may sign up and travel the same day, many factors could come together and make buying a commercial ticket your best or only option. Traveling Space-A depends on flexibility and good timing. 

Question : Who determines travel eligibility to fly Space-A?
Answer: DoDI 4515.13 governs travel eligibility. Passenger terminal personnel interpret travel documents and ensure travel eligibility. 

Question : How long does my name stay on the Space-A list? 
Answer: All travelers remain on the list for 60 days after registration, for the duration of their travel authorization or until they are selected for travel. 

Question : What is country sign-up, and how does it affect me? 
Answer: When signing up to travel space available, you may sign up for five different countries, for example, Germany, Japan, CONUS (USA), Turkey and Korea. This allows you to compete for any mission flying into that specific country rather than a specific destination. 

Question : What documents are required for Mil to Mil/step parent dependent travel? 
Answer: Regardless of which parent is designated as the sponsor in DEERS, the designated military sponsor may authorize the non-sponsor parent in writing with an original signature notarized letter that is valid for 180 days from the date it was signed and notarized. Non-sponsor parent must carry authorization letter during travel.

1. Plan your trip, be flexible, be patient. As a rule of thumb, military ports offer more travel opportunities than commercial gateways (i.e., travel chances are better to Europe from Dover AFB DE than Philadelphia IAP PA). 

2. If possible, travel at off-peak Space A travel periods (i.e., peak periods are the summer months after school is dismissed and Christmas holiday season). Historically, Feb-Mar and Oct-Nov are low travel periods. 

3. Be as flexible as possible in choosing a destination. If you want to get to Ramstein AB, Germany, consider a flight into Rhein-Main, Germany, or even RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom, as an alternative. At Mildenhall, try for another flight bound for Germany. 

4. When traveling Space A with young children, prepare for possible delays along the way where baby supplies may not be readily available. A good supply of games and books is also recommended. Be aware that a baby's ears, like an adults, are sensitive to altitude pressure changes. 

5. Space A is just that--space that is available after all mission requirements are fulfilled. Military aircraft are subject at all times, first and foremost, to DoD mission response. 
Travelers remain on the register for 60 days or the duration of their travel orders or authorization, whichever occurs first. 

When you register, you are assigned a category of travel (see eligibility) and compete for seats within categories based on the date and time of registration. This date and time of sign-up is yours through to destination, however, you must check in at each intrasit terminal within (6)six hours of arrival. A new date and time will be issued when you register for your return travel. You have the option to stand by for any flight you believe you may have a reasonable opportunity on which to travel. Passengers are not required to attend every flight selection process. 

Space required passengers or cargo may require the removal of Space A passengers at any point. If removed en route, you may re-register with your original date and time of registration. AMC passenger agents will assign a new date and time to any country you change or add on your application. Names of all originating space available passengers who depart on a flight will be removed from all destinations. Always be prepared to purchase onward or return commercial transportation, meals, and lodging. 

Contact Information: 
For flight or registration inquires contact the Travel Information Desk 
at (304) 616-5801 / DSN 242-5801 


A complete listing of eligible passengers by category is contained in DoD 4515.13-R. 
The following is a partial listing of eligible individuals. 

Category I: 
Emergency travel on a round-trip basis in connection with serious illness, death, or impending death of a member of the immediate family of the following: 

United States citizen civilian employees of the DoD stationed overseas. 

Full-time, paid personnel of the American Red Cross serving with United States military services overseas. 

Uniformed service family members whose sponsors are stationed within the Continental United States (CONUS) and the emergency exists overseas. 

Family members of United States citizen civilian employees of the DoD when both sponsor and dependents are stationed overseas at the same location. 

Category II: 
Sponsors on environmental and morale leave (EML) and accompanied family members. 

DoD Dependent School (DoDDS) teachers and their accompanied family members in EML status during school year holiday or vacation periods. 

Category III: 
Members of the uniformed services in an ordinary or reenlistment leave status and uniformed services patients on convalescent leave. Members on convalescent leave may not travel overseas unless their leave form is so annotated. 

Military personnel traveling on permissive temporary duty (TDY) orders for house hunting. 

If the permissive TDY is for the purpose of permanent change of station house hunting, the member travels in Category III and can be accompanied by one family member. 

Bona fide family members (up to age 23 with a valid identification card) of a service member of the uniformed services when accompanied by their sponsor who is in an ordinary leave status within overseas areas between overseas stations and air terminals in the CONUS. 

This privilege does not apply to travel of dependents to or from a sponsor's restricted or unaccompanied tour location or to travel in a leave status to or from TDY locations. It applies only to round-trip travel to an overseas area or the CONUS with the sponsor. DoD 4515.13-R restricts use of these privileges to establish a home for family members in an overseas area or the CONUS. 

Foreign exchange service members on permanent duty with the DoD, when in a leave status. 

Category IV: 
Unaccompanied family members (18 years or older) traveling on EML orders. Family members under 18 must be accompanied by an adult family member who is traveling EML. 

DoDDS teachers or family members (accompanied or unaccompanied) in an EML status during summer break. 

Category V: 
Students whose sponsor is stationed in Alaska or Hawaii. 

Students enrolled in a trade school in the CONUS when the sponsor is stationed overseas. 

Military personnel traveling on permissive TDY orders for other than house hunting. 

Category VI: 
Reserve components/members. 

Retired military members who are issued DD Form 2 and eligible to receive retired or retainer pay. 

Family members (up to age 23 with a valid identification card) of retired members when accompanied by a sponsor. 

A. Space available (Space A) eligible travelers may not use their privilege for personal gain or in connection with business enterprises or employment. Space A travel may not be used to establish a home or when international or theater restrictions prohibit such travel. 

B. Family members may not travel within the CONUS except as follows: Family members may travel on domestic leg segments of international flights during the beginning or end of their international flight. For example, if a flight originates in Texas, stops in California as part of the mission, and then continues overseas, family members eligible for travel may fly from Texas to the overseas area on the flight. They may not, however, travel just simply Texas to California. 

C. Remember Space A seats are normally identified as early as 3-4 hours and as late as 30 minutes prior to departure. Recommend you check with the passenger service center for the space available show time for your flight prior to departing the terminal. Be ready for immediate processing and boarding. 


The following Customs and Immigration border clearance list is not all inclusive, but it provides information pertaining to countries AMC serves on a regular basis. 

Numbered NOTES
(1) Proof of United States citizenship. 
(2) Passport. 
(3) Visa. 
(4) Yellow fever vaccination required if entering from an infected area. 
(5) Cholera immunization required if entering from an infected area. 
(6) Bilingual leave authorization in Portuguese and English or French and English may be used in lieu of passport for military personnel. 
(7) Tourist card recommended instead of visa. 
(8) Preclearance from United States Defense Attaché Office (USDAO). 
(9) Leave authorization containing the following statement may be used in lieu of passport for military personnel: 
"La persona a quien esta orden pertenezca esta autorizada por las autoridades militares competentes de los Estados Unidos de America para entrar o salir de Espana en mision oficial vestido de civil o militar." 

Lettered NOTES
(A) Passport or visa requirement does not apply for active duty military personnel. (B) When traveling to Japan for tourist purposes, a visa is not required if length of stay is 90 days or less. 

Custom Requirements 
*See Numbered Note and Lettered Note above* 

ATTENTION: These requirements are subject to change at any time by each country. Recommend you verify the requirements for your destination with an AMC terminal, travel agent, or other airline serving that country well ahead of your anticipated departure date. 

Argentina (2)(3)(4)(5) 
Australia (2)(3)(4) 
Azores Islands (2)(4)(6) 
Bahrain (2)(3)(4) 
Bermuda (1) 
Bolivia (2)(4)(7) 
Brazil (2)(3)(4) 
Chile (2)(4) 
Colombia (2)(3)(4)(8) 
Ecuador (2)(4) 
Egypt (2)(3)(4)(5) 
Germany (2)(A) 
Israel (2)(3) 
Italy (2)(5)(A) 
Japan (2)(3)(A)(B) 
New Zealand (2) 
Panama (2)(3)(4)(5) 
Paraguay (2)(3)(4) 
Peru (2)(4) 
Republic of Korea (2)(3)(5)(A) 
Saudi Arabia (2)(3)(4) 
Singapore (2) 
Spain (2)(4)(9) 
Thailand (2)(3) 
Turkey (2)(4) 
United Kingdom (2)(A) 
Uruguay (2)(4) 
Venezuela (2)(3)(4) 


Baggage Allowances 
Each passenger may check two pieces of checked baggage, 70 pounds each, up to 62 linear inches in size. Family members may pool their baggage allowances. Hand-carried baggage must fit under the seat or in the overhead compartment, if available. Standard issue B-4 duffle bags are authorized to weigh 100 pounds and still considered one piece. 
Only one of these bags will be allowed. 

C9 Baggage: Limited to two pieces at 55 pounds combined weight. 

NOTE: Baggage weight may be limited due to type of aircraft or other restrictions. Check with your Passenger Service Center for more information. 

Excess Baggage Fares 
Excess baggage is only authorized for passengers traveling on official orders. Charges will be assessed on a per piece basis, based on the passenger fare. Each passenger is authorized two pieces of baggage not to "exceed" 70 pounds each or 62 linear inches. The sum of linear measurements (length/width/height) must not exceed 62 linear inches. Bags larger than 62 linear inches and/or heavier than 70 pounds will be counted as two pieces. Checked baggage exceeding the allowed weight criteria will be counted as an extra piece for each increment of 70 pounds. Piece rate charges are listed here and based on passenger fares. 
Pax Fares** 
$27 - $60 
$61 - $115 
$116 - $170 
$171 - $230 
$231 - $285 
Rate per Piece* 
$10 Minimum 
$50 Pax Fares** 
$341 - $400 
$401 - $455 
$456 - $510 
$511 - $570 
$571 and above Rate per Piece* 
$85 Maximum 
* Minimum charge is $10; Maximum charge per piece is $85. 
** Passenger fare is basis for charge. 

AMC ships pets on most charter flights as a part of the normal service to DoD passengers traveling on official orders authorizing. This service is provided to , , , , Panama, Newfoundland, Azores, Guantanamo Bay, , Guam, and Okinawa . Pet shipment is limited to passengers in a permanent change of station (PCS) status only. Pets are defined as dogs and cats in restricted pet spaces on flights. Reservations are handled on first-come, first-served basis through the local transportation office. The passenger must provide an approved International Air Transport Association container for pet shipment which is available at many exchange/retail stores. The passenger is also responsible and should be prepared to defray any associated costs. Pet shipments are identified in AMC Pamphlet 24-1, "AMC Pet Traffic/Transportation Office." 

For additional information on pet shipments, contact the local TMO/ITO/PTO. 
Hazardous materials include many common items from your home, workshop, or garage which because of the physical or chemical properties can pose a danger during air transportation. The following is a partial list common items that are strictly forbidden in carry-on or checked baggage: 
- Mace, tear gas, and other irritants 
- Aerosols containing flammable material 
- Loaded firearms 
- Gunpowder and primers 
- Loose ammunition 
- Gasoline, diesel, or kerosene 
- Propane, butane cylinders or lighter refills 
- Wet-type batteries (as used in cars) 
- Safety or "strike-anywhere" matches 
- Corrosive material 
- Infectious substances 
- Radioactive material 
- Any equipment containing fuel 

The following hazardous articles may be transported in restricted quantities in hand-carried or checked baggage. A restricted quantity is what a passenger would use on a short trip. 
- Toiletry articles and medicines containing hazardous substances 
- Matches and lighters 
- Electronic wheelchairs as checked baggage 
- Small arms ammunition for sporting purposes when properly packaged 
- Catalytic hair curlers without refills 
- Oxygen cylinders used by individuals for medical purposes 
- Dry ice in small quantities 
- Aerosols intended for personal care (hair sprays and deodorants) 
- Lithium batteries located in watches, computers, etc.